Advantages of 18650 lithium battery
1. Large capacity
the capacity of 18650 lithium battery is generally between 1200mah~3600mah, and the general battery capacity is only about 800 if you combine 18650 lithium batteries to form a 18650 lithium battery pack then the 18650 lithium battery pack can be anything you want Breakthrough 5000mah.
2. Long life
18650 lithium battery has a long service life, and the cycle life can reach more than 500 times in normal use, which is more than twice that of ordinary batteries.
3. High safety performance
the high safety performance of 18650 lithium battery, non-explosive, non-combustible; non-toxic, non-polluting, certified by RoHS trademark; all kinds of safety performance are done in one go, the number of cycles is more than 500 times; high-temperature resistance performance, 65 degrees condition The discharge efficiency reaches 100%. In order to prevent the battery from short-circuiting, the positive and negative electrodes of the 18650 lithium battery are separated. Therefore, the short-circuit phenomenon may have been reduced to the extreme. A protection board can be installed to avoid overcharge and over-discharge of the battery, which can also extend the service life of the battery.
4. High voltage
The voltage of 18650 lithium batteries is generally 3.6V, 3.8V and 4.2V, which is much higher than the 1.2V voltage of nickel-cadmium and nickel-hydrogen batteries.
5. No memory effect
It is not necessary to empty the remaining power before charging, which is convenient to use.
6. Small internal resistance
The internal resistance of polymer batteries is smaller than that of ordinary liquid batteries. The internal resistance of domestic polymer batteries can even be below 35mΩ, which greatly reduces the self-consumption of the battery and prolongs the standby time of the mobile phone. In time, it can fully meet international standards. This polymer lithium battery that supports a large discharge current is an ideal choice for remote control models. It has become the most promising product to replace nickel-metal hydride batteries.
7. It can be combined in series or parallel to form a 18650 lithium battery pack
How long is the life of the 18650 lithium battery?
The current 3.7V 18650 lithium battery generally has a cycle life of about 500~1000 times, and the 3.2V 18650 generally has a life of more than 2000. Of course, the premise is that the qualified battery produced by a regular manufacturer, if it is a defective or counterfeit battery, the life will be very short.
The life of a 18650 lithium battery is generally 300 to 500 charging cycles. Assuming that the power provided by a complete discharge is Q if the reduction of power after each charging cycle is not considered, the lithium battery can provide or supplement 300Q-500Q of power in its life. From this, we know that if you charge 1/2 each time, you can charge 600-1000 times; if you charge 1/3 each time, you can charge 900-1500 times. By analogy, if it is charged randomly, the number of times is variable.
In short, no matter how it is charged, it is constant to add a total of 300Q to 500Q of power. Therefore, we can also understand it this way: the life of a lithium battery is related to the total charge capacity of the battery and has nothing to do with the number of recharges. Deep discharge and deep charge and shallow discharge and shallow charge have little difference in the impact on the life of the lithium battery.
The theoretical life of a ternary lithium battery is about 800 cycles, which is medium among commercial rechargeable lithium batteries. Lithium iron phosphate is about 2,000 cycles, while lithium titanate is said to be able to reach 10,000 cycles. At present, mainstream battery manufacturers promise more than 500 times in the specifications of their ternary battery cells. However, after the batteries are assembled into a battery pack, due to consistency issues, the main voltage and internal resistance cannot be exactly the same. The cycle life is about 400 times.
The purpose of the 18650 lithium battery
1. The life theory of the 18650 lithium battery is more than 500 cycles of charging. Commonly used in strong light flashlights, headlamps, mobile medical equipment, etc.
2. It can also be combined, and there is a difference between with a board, and without a board, mainly the protection of the board is over-discharge, over-discharge, over-current value, to prevent the battery from being out of time or using too clean electricity to cause the battery to be scrapped.
3. The 18650 is now mostly used in laptop batteries, and there are also some headlamps. Of course, the performance of the 18650 is very good, so as long as the capacity and voltage are appropriate, it is much better than batteries of other materials. It is also one of the more cost-effective batteries with lithium.
4. As long as electrical appliances with a voltage of 3.5-5V can be used to distinguish it from the No. 5 battery, 18650 means that the diameter is 18 mm and the length is 65 mm. The model of the No. 5 battery is 14500, the diameter is 14 mm, and the length is 50 mm.
5. Generally, 18650 batteries are used more in industry, and they are gradually introduced into civilian households. They will even be developed and developed in the future and sent to gas tanks, rice cookers, induction cookers, etc., as backup power supplies. The most common ones are laptop batteries and high-end products. The flashlight is used a lot~~,
6. 18650 is only the size model of the battery. According to the battery type, it can be divided into 18650 for lithium-ion, 18650 for lithium iron phosphate, 18650 for nickel-metal hydride (rarely); the current common 18650 is the most common type of lithium-ion. The industry is more extensive.
There are many headlamps that use 18650 batteries:https://www.thrgo.com/products